Last Updated on November 4, 2022 by admin
With locations all around the world, you can make this Christmas one to remember by going somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit. Why not take advantage of the deals on now and explore somewhere new? If you need some inspiration, British Airways has put together a list of their top 5 festive destinations:
1. Lapland, Finland – For a magical Christmas experience like no other, look no further than Lapland. With its magical landscapes and enchanting activities on offer, it’s easy to see why this place is at the top of so many people’s bucket lists. From dog sledding and reindeer sleigh rides to meeting Santa Claus himself, Lapland is sure to make your holiday season extra special. And with British Airways flights starting at just £89pp*, there’s never been a better time to visit!
2. New York City, USA – Experience the magic of Christmas in the Big Apple! There’s no better place to get into the festive spirit than NYC. From attending one of the many world-famous Christmas markets or taking in the sights and sounds of a traditional Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, there’s something for everyone in New York at Christmas time. Flights start from just £209pp*.
3. Vienna, Austria – For a more traditional European Christmas experience, Vienna is the perfect destination. With its stunning architecture and rich history, Vienna truly is a winter wonderland. And if you’re looking for some festive fun for all the family, be sure to check out the Wiener Prater – Vienna’s world-famous amusement park which is decked out in lights and decorations throughout December. BA flights start from £79pp*.
4. Edinburgh, Scotland – If you’re looking for a UK-based Christmas getaway then Edinburgh should definitely be at the top of your list. With its magnificent castle lit up against the night sky and stunning Princes Street Gardens transformed into an ice rink, Edinburgh is one of the most atmospheric places to be during wintertime. And with British Airways flights from just £39pp*, it couldn’t be easier (or more affordable!) to enjoy a Scottish Christmas this year!
5. London, England – Of course, no list of festive destinations would be complete without mentioning good old London Town! There’s so much on offer during December that it can be hard to know where to start but some unmissable highlights include watching world-renowned ice skaters perform at Somerset House, browsing presents at Hyde Park Winter Wonderland or seeing The Nutcracker ballet at The Royal Opera House. Wherever you choose to go and whatever you end up doing during your stay in London this wintertime, one thing’s for sure – you won’t be short on festive cheer! Flights are currently available from £69pp*.